Which is better Chrome or Firefox? What is your answer to this? Do you use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox? Answers to all these questions are yet to be decided as we will be comparing both of these assets used in net browsing one by one and then we will decide which is better Chrome or Firefox.
Personally, it is just a need for change. What I have observed till now is that the one who uses Mozilla Firefox continues to do so without even knowing what is more optimised for him/her. Same is the case with Google Chrome. The need for change is necessary as it can result in better browsing experience.
To choose between the two, you should analyse your requirement and then switch between the two. So this post will give you and complete picture and then you can analyse yourself which browser is perfect for you.
Here are the issues and comparisons made:
Which is better Chrome or Firefox
- Chrome is faster, smoother, modular. Modular meaning if an element of Chrome crashes, it doesn’t bring the whole browser down with it like Firefox does.
- Firefox seems to have a constant memory leak problem that requires you to have to close the app and re-open it from time to time in order to release the memory.
- Firefox goes up to the 700-800MB memory mark at times when Chrome never seems to go above 300MB, even with tonnes of tabs open in each.
- Chrome is a much more polished browser. It’s smoother, it feels faster, and it’s got a lot of cool extra features like application shortcuts and packaged apps.
- Firefox beats Chrome in the level of customization.
- Firefox gets extremely sluggish after a while on Mac. Same goes for Chrome but it can last longer.
- Chrome’s bookmark management is a nightmare. Firefox just drags and drop anywhere on the bookmark tab or menu.
Why users love Firefox?
Tweakable Interface & Settings. If you have used Firefox, you know about it how easy it is in Firefox. Every part of setting can be easily found and understood.
User-Friendly Features. Since it is an open source product with high regulations in code change and feature addition, only features which can enhance user experience are allowed to be added in the update.
Light on Resource Usage, Privacy & Open Source.
Why users love Chrome?
Lots of Useful Extensions. Extensions are a way of adding more functionality to the browser. With lots of extensions available(some of which are really really useful), one can customise Chrome to extreme levels.
Polished Interface & Performance. Simple, sleek and plain design (this part is always expected from Google) of Chrome makes it a number one choice for users.
Cutting Edge of Web Development.
Which is better Chrome or Firefox: Choose yourself
If you value online privacy, want to make personalized tweaks, and want to use as few resources as possible, then go with Firefox but If you need speed, security, and extensions that aren’t available elsewhere, then go with Chrome.
Memory leakage is still a big problem for Firefox. Working with many tabs open decreases the efficiency of Firefox and it always starts to lag in between. Speed becomes drastically slow with even considerable lag when switching from one tab to another.
It’s up to you. Choose wisely, Live well.