Bruce lee is known for his unmatchable martial arts skills and for his reputation as a great philosopher and an actor. Did you ever try to know what kept him going or what were those basic principles that he used to follow? The martial arts master carried a little notebook with himself in order to note all the important thoughts that came in his mind all over the day.
All these records are now published online and Geeksnation would like you to unveil his secret of excellence and consistency that made him the legendary Bruce Lee.
1. Willpower & Emotions
- Recognising that the power of will is the supreme court over all other departments of my mind, I will exercise it daily when I need the urge to act for any purpose, and I will form habits designed to bring the power of my will into action at least once daily.
- Realising that my emotions are both positive and negative, I will form daily habits which will encourage the development of the positive emotions and aid me in converting the negative emotions into some form of useful action.
2. Reason, Imagination & Memory
- Recognising that my positive and negative emotions may be dangerous if they are not guided to desirable ends, I will submit all my desires, aims, and purposes to my faculty of reason, and I will be guided by it in giving expression to these.
- Recognising the need for sound plans and ideas for the attainment of my desires, I will develop my imagination by calling upon it daily for help in the formation of my plans. Creative intuition opens the wellsprings within man, activates the inner light, and is free and limitless.
- Recognising the value of an alert mind, and an alert memory, I will encourage mine to become alerted by taking care to impress it clearly with all thoughts I wish to recall and by associating those thoughts with related subjects which I may recall to mind frequently.
3. Subconscious mind & conscience
- Reorganising the influence of my subconscious mind over my power of will, I shall take care to submit to it a clear and definite picture of my major purpose in life and all minor purposes leading to my major purpose and I shall keep this picture constantly before my subconscious mind by repeating it daily.
- Recognizing that my emotions often err in their over-enthusiasm, and my faculty of reason often is without the warmth of feeling that is necessary to enable me to combine justice with mercy in my judgments, I will encourage my conscience to guide me as to what is right and wrong, but I will never set aside the verdict it renders, no matter what may be the cost of carrying them out.
4. On Life
- You will never get more from life than you expect. Concentrate your thoughts on what you want and what you don’t want. Calmly observe what is happening inside yourself. No one can hurt you unless you allow them to. Inside yourself, at the psychological level, be no one.
Learn it, and use these principles to make your life as great as Bruce lee did to make his.
featured image source : motivation grid