13 facts about Bisleri you would have not known till now.
Productive StackBy ArjunKapoorOn January 3, 2017
We all have drink it at least for once in our life but have you ever tried to know about it. That is the largest brand of purified water in India, Bisleri. Know these facts about Bisleri and be amazed.
1. Bisleri is owner by parle group who invented Limca and Thumbs up and Mazza.
2. As per Wikipedia Bisleri has 60% market share in packaged drinking water industry in India. This is huge
3. It was launched in 1965 in Mumbai but later in 1969 parle group buys it from Signor Bisleri who founded it.
4. Bisleri is quite old. In comparison, Mazza and thumbs up were launched in 1974 and 1978.
5. Revenue from Bottled water: 94.6 million dollars
6. Bisleri Broke The Guinness World Record By Collecting 1.1 Million Plastic Bottles.
7. Bisleri has 80 bottling plants Pan India, amongst which 12 are their own and 68 are licensed.
8. It is not only about water now. Bisleri has also jumped into energy drink URZZA and ‘Bisleri POP’ in four flavors. Bisleri POP is a range of fizzy soft drinks.
9. The bottles used at Bisleri are manufactured at the Bisleri plant itself to avoid any possible contamination.
10. In 2006, Bisleri changes its design and packing from green to blue to differentiate itself from the emerging competition
11. Bisleri uses only Grade 1 PET bottles for its products.
12. Bisleri is recently launched in U.A.E with an interesting campaign (photo now)
13. It is a brand of mineral bottled water so popular in India that the brand is used as a generic term for mineral water.
Arjun kapoor loves to write about technology and programming.
Being a computer science undergraduate he loves Android Application development and photography.
He is a part time blogger who loves to share his knowledge.