Constitution of India is very vast and deliberate topic but most of the people don’t know much about it. The President of India, the Lok Sabha, and the Rajya Sabha are collectively known as the Indian Parliament, which is the chief legislative authority in India.
Today we are gonna know the difference between Rajya sabha and Lok sabha. Do you all know what is the basic difference between Rajya sabha and Lok sabha?
Well here are the major points that will describe the difference between Rajya sabha and Lok sabha.
1. The Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha are the two houses of Parliament, where Lok Sabha is the lower house of the Parliament and Rajya Sabha is the upper house of the Parliament.
2. Lok Sabha, as its name suggests, it is the assembly in which the people elect representatives. Rajya Sabha, as its name signifies, is is the body in which the representatives are chosen by the elected members of the Assemblies of States and Union Territories.
3. Rajya Sabha is a permanent body while Lok Sabha dissolves after every five years.
4. The speaker is the representative of Lok Sabha. On the other hand, the Vice-President of India is the representative of Rajya Sabha.
5. The maximum members in the Lok Sabha are 552 while they are only 250 in the case of Rajya Sabha.
6. For being a member in Lok Sabha, a person must attain a minimum age of 25 years, whereas in the case of Rajya Sabha this age is 30 years.
7. The introduction of Money Bill is done exclusively in the Lok Sabha, which after the approval Lok Sabha, is sent to Rajya Sabha, for consideration.
8. The power of Lok Sabha is twice the power of Rajya Sabha.
9. The number of members of Rajya Sabha are half the members of the Lok Sabha.
Now you know the Difference between Rajya Sabha and Lok Sabha, Do share the knowledge.
Featured image source : Youtube