Coffee vs Tea? This is not a post regarding personal opinion based on taste or habit. It instead focuses on which one is better for the person depending upon various factors like health, ingredients etc. Tea and coffee both have been favorite hot drinks for people.
Some prefer tea, while others coffee. It is mainly because of the taste one has developed over years. With people switching more over to coffee nowadays, I thought of writing a post which is mainly focused on which is better for a person, Tea or coffee. Their functions are different for us with the majority of people have coffee in order to stay awake at night while on the other hand, they need a cup of tea in the morning to replenish the soul.
So, how can I choose between Coffee and Tea?
Well, here are the considerable facts that will make you rethink about any one of them!
1. There are a tonne of antioxidants in tea, much more than you’re likely to get in coffee.
So antioxidants are substances that inhibits oxidation. Antioxidants help prevent or stop cell damage caused by oxidants. Oxidants are radicals that one can find in the environment, but they’re also naturally produced in your body. Body produce them for fencing off virus and microbes but too many of oxidants can cause problem as they are the contributing factor to cancer and other major diseases.
2. Tea can help strengthen your immune system better than Coffee.
Since Tea contains antioxidants, they directly strengthen immune system. Though its effect can be minimum, but having a decent amount of green tea in a day will surely be a add on to your immune system.
3. Tea is fantastic at hydrating the body and replenishing your fluid intake while Coffee dehydrates.
“Drinking four to six mugs of tea a day is as good for keeping you hydrated as a litre of water,” is reported by Daily Mail.
Research conducted by Fife and Reading shows that tea is comparatively good in keeping body hydrated.
4. Tea has been shown in studies to help reduce the chances of developing certain kinds of cancers and tumors.
5. Tea has the same amount of caffeine as coffee, and while both are stimulants, coffee has a much bigger depressing effect (not making you sad but reducing your energy levels).
This is the most scary reason why I prefer tea over coffee.
6. Calories comparison.
This might be one of the most significant factor for gym enthusiastic and for one who constantly monitors his/her diet.
Coffee contains way more calories than tea. Look at the different brand of coffee and the calories they contains:
- Starbucks medium (grande) skinny latte: 131 calories
- Starbucks medium- sized full-fat latte: 223 calories
- Starbucks flat white (only comes in small, aka ‘short’): 119 calories
- Starbucks medium- sized full-fat cappuccino: 136 calories
- Costa medium-sized full-fat latte: 206 calories
- Costa medium-sized skinny latte: 115 calories
- Costa flat white: 77 calories
- Pret A Manger full-fat latte: 194 calories
- Pret A Manger Americano: 35 calories
- Pret A Manger flat white: 75 calories
- Ordinary black coffee: 2 calories
- One sachet of sugar: 10 calories
- A dollop of whipped creamed (often served with a hot chocolate): 120 calories
- One vanilla shot: 70 calories
Black tea with milk: 8 calories
Herbal teas: 2 calories
7. Pros & Cons Of Coffee.
8. Health Benefits: Coffee vs Tea.
Which one is for you: Tea or Coffee.
So, Have you decided which is better Coffee or Tea?
Featured Image Source: Care Focus