The Bugatti Chiron has landed at the 2016 Geneva Motor Show, and the statistics alone behind the world’s most extreme supercar is described as fiercely mind-blowing. The successor of 2005 Bugatti Veyron, which ended production last year after a total of 450 cars were sold to super-rich car collectors around the world, takes the performance of supercars to another level altogether with Bugatti Chiron. Let’s discuss some facts about Bugatti Chiron.
Get ready for some mind baffling facts about Bugatti Chiron
1. Cost : £2.2M, (double the price of a Veyron).
2. Just 500 pieces will be made with third already been sold.
3. The 8-litre W16 from the Veyron has been revised with four larger, two-stage turbochargers and 32 injectors.
4. Maximum power from the 8-litre engine is 1,476bhp, versus 987bhp for the original Veyron.
5. The total torque of the Chiron’s motor is 1179 lb-ft, versus 922 lb-ft for the Veyron.
6. Its top speed is limited to 261mph (420 km/h) for road use, 8mph faster than a Veyron and Bugatti says it will attempt to break the Fastest Production Car Guinness World Record.
7. Bugatti is claiming the Chiron will accelerate from 0-62mph (100km/h) in under 2.5sec, 0-124mph (200km/h) in under 6.5sec and 0-186mph (300km/h) in under 13.6sec.
8. 60,000 litres of air and 800 litres of water are pumped through the engine every minute.
9. The surface area of the six catalytic converters, which capture harmful particulates in the exhaust system, is 230,266 meters squared, the equivalent of 30 football pitches.
10. Bugatti claims that if all the carbon fibres used in the construction of the chassis were laid out end-to-end, they would stretch the equivalent of 9x the distance between the earth and the moon.
11. At 248mph, the centrifugal force on each tire is the equivalent of 3,800 times the force of gravity.
So, these were some of the informative facts about Bugatti Chiron, What else you need in a car!
featured image source : money.cnn.com